جمعية آفاق للإعلام الآلي
أنت زائر في منتدانا ... إن أعجبك فتفضل لتنظم إلى أسرتنا
جمعية آفاق للإعلام الآلي
أنت زائر في منتدانا ... إن أعجبك فتفضل لتنظم إلى أسرتنا
جمعية آفاق للإعلام الآلي
هل تريد التفاعل مع هذه المساهمة؟ كل ما عليك هو إنشاء حساب جديد ببضع خطوات أو تسجيل الدخول للمتابعة.

جمعية آفاق للإعلام الآلي

منتدى خاص بجمعية آفاق للإعلام الآلي

الرئيسيةالبوابةأحدث الصورالتسجيلدخول
الصمت: إجابة بارعة لا يتقنها الكثيرون...
لا تثقل نفسك بالكراهية، فهي أثقل مما تتصور...
أقدام متعبة وضمير مستريح خير من ضمير متعب وأقدام مستريحه...
الضربات القوية تهشم الزجاج لكنها تصقل الحديد...
تكلم وأنت غاضب فستقول أعظم حديث تندم عليه طوال حياتك
نحن نميل إلى تصديق أولئك الذين لا نعرفهم لأنهم لم يخدعونا من قبل...
دخول
اسم العضو:
كلمة السر:
ادخلني بشكل آلي عند زيارتي مرة اخرى: 
:: لقد نسيت كلمة السر
بحـث

نتائج البحث

Rechercher بحث متقدم
المواضيع الأخيرة
» [b]كلمات قصيدة صوت صفير البلبل للأصمعي[/b]
"Ancient Greeks and Romans" Emptyالثلاثاء فبراير 17, 2015 1:19 pm من طرف abomalak

» الورد Microsoft Word
"Ancient Greeks and Romans" Emptyالخميس أكتوبر 16, 2014 2:27 pm من طرف farid14

» دروس رائعة في EXCEL و ACCESS
"Ancient Greeks and Romans" Emptyالأحد أبريل 07, 2013 4:10 pm من طرف zennaf

» ملجئي و مسكني
"Ancient Greeks and Romans" Emptyالخميس أغسطس 30, 2012 11:11 am من طرف soumia90

» حفلات طيور الجنة في مصر 2012
"Ancient Greeks and Romans" Emptyالخميس أغسطس 09, 2012 4:29 am من طرف بنوتة مصرية

» هل نحن هكدا مع التسامح
"Ancient Greeks and Romans" Emptyالخميس يوليو 26, 2012 6:16 am من طرف soumia90

» قصة و عبرة
"Ancient Greeks and Romans" Emptyالخميس يوليو 26, 2012 5:56 am من طرف soumia90

» رمضان فرصة لي و لكم
"Ancient Greeks and Romans" Emptyالخميس يوليو 26, 2012 5:52 am من طرف soumia90

» ما لا يعرفه الكثيرون عن ال Word
"Ancient Greeks and Romans" Emptyالجمعة يونيو 15, 2012 11:57 am من طرف hamou08

تصويت
ما رأيك في الستايل الجديد
روووووووووووعة
"Ancient Greeks and Romans" I_vote_rcap37%"Ancient Greeks and Romans" I_vote_lcap
 37% [ 72 ]
جيد يحتاج إلى مزيد من الترتيب
"Ancient Greeks and Romans" I_vote_rcap29%"Ancient Greeks and Romans" I_vote_lcap
 29% [ 58 ]
بشششششع
"Ancient Greeks and Romans" I_vote_rcap34%"Ancient Greeks and Romans" I_vote_lcap
 34% [ 67 ]
مجموع عدد الأصوات : 197
أفضل 10 أعضاء في هذا المنتدى
wahid
"Ancient Greeks and Romans" I_vote_rcap"Ancient Greeks and Romans" I_voting_bar"Ancient Greeks and Romans" I_vote_lcap 
"Ancient Greeks and Romans" I_vote_rcap"Ancient Greeks and Romans" I_voting_bar"Ancient Greeks and Romans" I_vote_lcap 
dah_men
chergui abdelkader
المشرف العام
Abdellah_yes
عضو مكتب
djamel
مراد عالم
الفارس
المتواجدون الآن ؟
ككل هناك 8 عُضو متصل حالياً :: 0 عضو مُسجل, 0 عُضو مُختفي و 8 زائر

لا أحد

أكبر عدد للأعضاء المتواجدين في هذا المنتدى في نفس الوقت كان 119 بتاريخ الإثنين مارس 14, 2011 6:52 pm
احصائيات
هذا المنتدى يتوفر على 225 عُضو.
آخر عُضو مُسجل هو بشار زبله فمرحباً به.

أعضاؤنا قدموا 959 مساهمة في هذا المنتدى في 540 موضوع

"Ancient Greeks and Romans"

اذهب الى الأسفل 
كاتب الموضوعرسالة
wahid
مشرف
مشرف
wahid

"Ancient Greeks and Romans" Empty
مُساهمةموضوع: "Ancient Greeks and Romans"   "Ancient Greeks and Romans" Emptyالخميس أغسطس 06, 2009 4:29 am

Comparing and Contrasting
by Stephen Fox

]
Comparison and contrast are two thought processes we constantly perform in everyday life. When we compare two things, we show how they are similar; when we contrast two things, we show how they are different
There were many different cultures in the ancient world, but the two that had the most influence on European and American civilization were the Greek and Roman. Often these two people and their ways of living are lumped together in our minds, as if the two were really exactly alike or as if the Greek culture just continued unchanged into the Roman one. But that is not the case. In many ways the Greeks and the Romans could not have been more different
The Greeks were truly democratic, often without a single leader but instead governed by a group of men (an oligarchy) chosen by the people. The Romans were semi-democratic. They had a governing Senate, but that often consisted only of rich aristocrats, and the political power was often mostly or completely in the hands of a single emperor
True, both cultures were great builders. Tourists by the tens of thousands today admire the ruins in both Rome and Athens and make special trips to visit excavated towns from the ancient world like Ephesus and Pergamum (which are both Greek ruins although they are located in present day Turkey) and Delphi, and Roman Ruins in Pompeii and volubilus (in present day Morocco) and the remnants of old Paphos on Cyprus. But the construction interests of the two cultures were not the same. The Greeks tended to be more artistic. Yes, their buildings were well constructed and have lasted (as have the Roman buildings), but the Greeks were especially interested in temples, columns, and decorative facades. Practicality was fine, and they were indeed practical, but for them the important issue was beauty and pleasing form. The Romans, on the other hand, were more engineers than artists. They concentrated their efforts on urban planning, well-functioning aqueducts for a good water supply, solid public forums and buildings, and the best roads ever built up until that time. Even their statuary, of which they had plenty, tended more to celebrate civic heroes than to add the gracefulness of gods and goddesses to their architecture
In both cultures the government levied stiff taxes on the people to pay for all those buildings and roads. Local governments in the Roman Empire (but not in the empires of the Greek city-states) were allowed to levy their own taxes too
As to the literary arts, those also flourished in both cultures, but again in different ways. Both the Greek and Romans liked poetry, especially the long epic poems detailing wars, heroes, and gods. But Greek epic was the result of a centuries-old oral tradition, handed down from generation to generation, as in the case of Homer's "Iliad" about the Trojan War, while the Roman epic was composed on the spot by living writers, as in the case of Vergil's "The Aeneid" about the founding of Rome
Only in cooking and eating habits are the two cultures really similar. Both people ate very well indeed: lots of fish, fresh vegetables and fruits, healthy meals, holding at the same time long discussions and sipping excellent wines
Both cultures also loved the theater, but the Greeks favored high tragedy, which showed the fall of great men and women on a grand scale, and bawdy comedy that was so spicy and physical that it would be censored today, while the Romans preferred satire, which is a more intellectual form of comedy that makes fun of current problems and public figures
In fact, it would probably be fair to say that they both loved life in their warm, sea-oriented climates, and they both lived life fully
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة اذهب الى الأسفل

الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة 
صفحة 1 من اصل 1

صلاحيات هذا المنتدى:لاتستطيع الرد على المواضيع في هذا المنتدى
جمعية آفاق للإعلام الآلي :: منتدى اللغة الإنجليزية ELC ) English Language Club ) :: مقالات ومواضيع باللغة الإنجليزية+مواقع اللغة الإنجليزية-
انتقل الى: